In order to assist business continuity during the COVID-19 outbreak, Synology announces today Client VPN and Site-to-Site VPN license for free. These changes will become effective for the following time period: April 6, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
This will allow many small businesses to implement VPN solutions on their already existing Synology hardware to quickly accommodate a remote workforce.
As per the announcement, al licenses are “perpetual and do not expire” after September 30 2020. The only requirement is that the license is obtained within the specified time frame.
Synology reports that during the past two months they have seen “a five ford increase in VPN Plus license purchases”
The Licensing procedure is as follows:
- Eligible: Users of Synology RT1900ac, RT2600ac and MR2200ac
- How to obtain: log in to SRM, go to VPN Plus Server > License > Add license
- Enter the amount of licenses needs and complete the prompt. All licenses purchased during this period are perpetual.
- As per the announcement “Synology reserves the right to change the details and time without prior notice. Updates will be posted on our official website.”
You can read the full press release at Synology’s website.
Image Courtesy of Thomas Jensen via unsplash
- New Features of Microsoft Teams for March and April 2021 - April 8, 2021
- Microsoft Mechanics: Azure Migration. - March 10, 2021
- Microsoft Ignite 2021 Windows Server 2022 Preview. - March 10, 2021