Synology recently released a Synology Cloud2, ideally suited for small and medium-sized business.
C2 is hosted in Frankfurt, Germany, which means it will comply with the high privacy standards required by EU regulators.
Synology indicates there are plans for building future datacenters in other parts of the world, but for the time being, Frankfurt is the only geographical area available.
For this service, Synology is focusing on a “One-Stop Service”. Previously Synology Cloud storage products relied on third-party cloud products. Now the emphasis is on an in-house development.
Among the features announced are:
- Military grade AES-256 and RSA-2048 encryption technologies, for the data in transit or at rest.
- Versatile file history, with multiple data recovery points.
- Granular, file level restore.
- Scheduled backup tasks.
Pricing is always a concern for any size business, so Synology is offering a very aggressive pricing structure for the C2 backup.
Target capacities start at 100 GB / €9.99 yearly up to 1 TB / €59.99 and 1 TB+ for €69.00/TB/Year.
Pulsar Technology Corp is a South Florida IT support and solutions enterprise, assisting small and medium-sized business in Miami, West Palm Beach, Jupiter, and surrounding areas.
- Happy Thanksgiving. - November 24, 2022
- Synology Roadmap for 2023 And Beyond. What’s new. - October 27, 2022
- Ubiquiti Insider. What’s new in the UniFi Ubiquiti ecosystem: UniFi Network 7.2, UniFi Protect AI Theta, Building to Building Bridge. - August 18, 2022