The recently released Windows 10 Fall Creators update has new features not only for regular users but for business and enterprise deployments as well.
Microsoft has recently reported that their latest operating system update is active on more than 500 million “monthly active devices, and continues to gain momentum”.
With Enterprise being a critical market segment interest for Microsoft, here are some of the new security and management enhancements available for commercial customers.
- Windows Auto Pilot: Easy deployment, eliminating the process of manually provisioning Windows 10.
- Windows Defender Application Guard: Isolates Microsoft Edge from Applications, Data, and Networks.
- Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection: A single dashboard view to enable “manageable protection, detection, investigation, and response”
- Windows Defender Application Control: This new implementation automates the application control list.
- Windows Defender Exploit Guard: Reduces risk of potential exploits of vulnerabilities.
- Controlled Folder Access: Only trusted applications can access protected documents and folders.
- Windows Defender Antivirus: Now with AI support from the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph.
- Windows Assigned Access: Enables customization and lockdown of devices for task-oriented assignments such as kiosks.
- Windows Hello: Authentication improvements such as proximity and location..
- Windows 10 Subscription Activation: With a routine login, Windows 10 devices can activate or upgrade to new enterprise features.
- New Features of Microsoft Teams for March and April 2021 - April 8, 2021
- Microsoft Mechanics: Azure Migration. - March 10, 2021
- Microsoft Ignite 2021 Windows Server 2022 Preview. - March 10, 2021